Nothing's in my cart
VIVE Cosmos - 188.8.131.52
Released December 6 th 2019
**MUST READ BEFORE UPDATING**
We discovered a bug that has a very small chance of bricking the headset during updates. This release will fix this for the future.
To safely upgrade to 184.108.40.206, please unplug your VIVE Cosmos from the Link Box/Converter before you trigger the update. You may plug it back in once the update is finished, which will trigger a firmware upgrade and complete the process.
[ System ]
- Improved system stability for use over longer duration.
- Room Setup will no longer be blocked by the high brightness notification.
- Refined the tracking indication timing during room setup.
- Improved tracking experience during dynamic movements when using VIVE Wireless Adapter.
- Improved the dynamic jitter UX.
- Support simultaneous movement of occluded and non-occluded controller within the headset’s field of view.
- Improved lower side tracking performance.
- Optimized tracking trajectory for boxing style movements and archery games.
- Optimized the tracking of throwing actions.
[ Runtime ]
- Added fallback controller type, support added from SteamVR Beta 1.9.4 onwards.
- Fixed a bug where the boundary would not be triggered when the controller is static.
- Fixed IPD display no showing up during tracking indication.
- Fixed bugs where Origin would behave abnormally when set as the default home environment.
- Fixed vignette setting can only be on/off on pass through but now also work on content to address Phr00t’s feedback.
- Fixed GPU memory leak.
[ VIVE Console ]
- Solved a bug where the HMD firmware update might be interrupted during a software update.
- Synced camera pass-through settings with Lens.
- Renamed an executable file to prevent a bug where “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” wouldn’t run due to a filename keyword filter.
[ Lens ]
- Improved controller pointer behavior when using Lens.
- Fixed an issue where multiple transitional animations would occur when launching content.
[ Origin ]
- Updated environmental sounds and refined the tutorial.
[ OOBE & Room Setup ]
- The how-to-wear-the-headset video now lets the user know they don’t need to take off their glasses.
- Room setup can be triggered when in an untracked state by a long trigger press for 2 seconds (previously 3 seconds).
- Improved the OOBE flow when requesting a GPU driver update.
- Updated localization strings for resetting room setup and adjusting the headphone position.
You can provide feedback and discuss the update over in our forums .