Setup (headset and controllers)
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
- Changing app permissions
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Setting a timeout for sleep mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
The VIVE Menu
The VIVE Menu is a universal menu that gives you access to the headset's features and settings.
Here's how to open the VIVE Menu:
Hand gestures: Face your right palm inward. When the VIVE symbol appears, pinch your index finger and thumb together.
Use the same gestures to close the VIVE Menu.
- Headset button: While in hand tracking mode, press the headset button on the top-left side of your headset.
- Controller: Press the VIVE button on the right controller.
You can use the options on the VIVE Menu to do the following:
- Capture and view screenshots and screen recordings. For details, see Taking screenshots and screen recordings and Browsing and viewing files.
- Access the VIVEPORT™ Store and Library.
- Quit the current app or return to your main Home space.
- Switch between recent apps you've used. See Switching between recent apps.
- Cast the headset to compatible devices. See Casting the headset to a web browser and Casting the headset to an external display.
- View the status of your headset and connected devices or change their settings.
- Access commonly used settings.