- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
How can I find my IPD?
There are several ways to estimate your IPD.
The most accurate way to determine your IPD is to consult a professional optometrist or eye doctor. You can also estimate your IPD by doing any of the following:
- Use a ruler and a mirror. See below for detailed instructions.
- Through experimentation. See below for detailed instructions.
- Using third-party apps or websites.
Note: Third-party apps or websites may collect personal data. HTC can neither guarantee the accuracy of IPD measured through third-party apps or websites nor ensure the security of your personal data.
Estimating your IPD in a mirror
You can estimate your IPD with a millimeter ruler and a mirror.
Stand directly in front of a mirror, and then hold the ruler up to your eyes.
Make sure that the ruler is level. If you're using a flexible ruler, make sure not to bend it.
Align the zero mark with the center of your pupil.
You may need to close your other eye to get a clear reading.
Check the millimeter mark on the other eye. You may need to close the first eye to get a clear reading.
- Make a note of your IPD measurement. You may want to recheck several times to make sure your reading is accurate.
Tip: You can also ask a friend to help you measure your IPD instead of doing it by yourself with a mirror. Make sure you're looking straight ahead while they measure.
Estimating your IPD through experimentation
You can estimate your IPD through trial and error. This method is easier than using a ruler, but it may be less accurate.
- While wearing the VR headset, focus on text or lines at the center of view. If there isn't any text in your field of view, open a screen that has some text on it.
- Adjust the IPD slider until the text is clear. Note the number for future reference.
- If the image is clearer for one eye than it is for the other, adjust the headset position. Repeat until the image is clear for both eyes.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.