- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Attaching and adjusting the head strap
As an option, you can attach the head strap to your headset to distribute the weight of the headset more evenly for a more comfortable fit. The head strap also helps to keep the headset in place when making quick, sudden movements while playing VR games.
Here's how to attach and adjust the head strap:
Pull both sliders toward the middle of the head strap to lengthen it.
Remove the temples or battery cradle from your headset, then attach the rubber ends of the head strap to each side of the headset.
- Reattach the temples or battery cradle to your headset.
Put on your headset, position the head strap, and adjust the fit.
With the battery cradle With the temples
Position the strap on top of your head, then pull both sliders outward to tighten the strap.
Wrap the strap around the back of your head, then pull both sliders outward to tighten the strap.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.