- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Using the headset without the battery cradle
For enhanced portability, you can remove the battery cradle and connect your headset to a power source such as a power bank.
Glasses won't fit inside the headset. If you wear glasses, remove them first before putting on your headset.
Removing the battery cradle
To remove the battery cradle, press the release button on the inner left and right sides of the battery cradle. Then reattach the original temples to the headset.
Connecting to a power source
To use the headset without the battery cradle, you need to connect the headset to a power source such as a power bank or power adapter.
Connect your power source to the headset's extended USB port using a USB Type-C cable, then insert the USB cable into the cable notch to secure it in place.
- We recommend using the headset with a power source that supports USB Power Delivery (USB PD) and can supply 30 W of power.
- When connecting to a power bank, make sure to connect the USB Type-C cable to the output port of the power bank.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.