- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
The VIVE Menu
The VIVE Menu is a universal menu that gives you access to the headset's features and settings.
Here's how to open the VIVE Menu:
Hand gestures: Face your palm inward. When the VIVE symbol appears, pinch your index finger and thumb together.
Use the same gestures to close the VIVE Menu.
- Headset button: While in hand tracking mode, press the headset button on the top-left side of your headset.
- Controller: Press the VIVE button on the right controller.
You can use the controls in the VIVE Menu to take screenshots and screen recordings, cast the headset to compatible display devices, access commonly used settings, and more.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.