- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- The VIVE Menu
- Hand tracking
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Setting a timeout for sleep mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
Casting the headset to your phone
You can use VIVE Manager to cast the headset to your phone.
- Screen casting in VIVE Manager requires Android 9 or later, or iOS 12 or later.
- Before launching VIVE Manager, turn on your phone's Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to pair VIVE Manager with your headset if you haven't done so. For details, see Pairing VIVE Manager with a new headset.
- Launch VIVE Manager on your phone.
- If VIVE Manager is not connected to the headset, tap Connect.
- Because the headset's display must be on for VIVE Manager to cast content, put on the headset before starting the casting session.
In the upper right of the
VIVE Manager screen, tap the cast button to start the casting session.
VIVE Manager will display a message showing that it's connecting to the headset.Tip: If this is your first time casting the headset to an Android phone, you'll need to select Accept in the Invitation to connect dialog box that appears in the headset.
The headset's screen will then be displayed on your phone in landscape orientation.
During the casting session, you can use the following controls:
Control Description Stop casting Capture screenshots Capture screen recordings Reset viewTip:
- If the controls don't appear, tap the phone screen to display them.
- Captured screenshots and screen recordings will be saved to your phone's internal storage under Download\ViveManager (Android) or On My iPhone\VIVE Manager (iOS).