Setup (headset and controllers)
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
- Changing app permissions
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Setting a timeout for sleep mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
What are touch controls?
Touch controls allow you to interact with system screens by directly touching them with your finger, like a virtual touchscreen. You can also use controllers to interact with system screens when touch controls are on.
Note: Touch controls are currently available as a beta feature on VIVE XR Elite.
Here's how to enable touch controls:
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Advanced > Beta features.
If you have a screen open—such as the system dashboard's Library or Settings screen—it will appear up close in front of you.
Here's how to use touch controls:
With your finger:
- Tap an item to select it.
- Swipe up or down to scroll the screen.
With a controller:
- Move the cursor to an item you want to select and then press the trigger.
- Press and hold the trigger and then move your controller up or down to scroll the screen.
- To move the system dashboard, first aim the beam at the horizontal bar below the dashboard and then press and hold the trigger. When the bar turns blue, move your controller to drag the dashboard to your desired location and then release the trigger.