- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
Here are a few tips to help you keep VIVE XR Elite clean and hygienic.
- Dampen a cloth with a neutral, non-acidic cleaning solution and use it to wipe the hard surfaces of the headset and controllers clean, especially places you frequently touch with your hands.
- Using a UVC cleaner is an effective and recommended way to decontaminate VR headsets and controllers. Before using a UVC cleaner on your VR devices, make sure to properly cover the headset lenses. Discoloration due to UV exposure is not covered by warranty.
- Don’t spray or pour liquid directly on the headset or controllers.
- Don’t use any liquids or cleaning solutions on the lenses.
- Don’t expose the headset or controllers to direct sunlight.
- Don’t use a volatile solvent such as alcohol to clean the temple pads.
- Don't wash the face cushion or temple pads.
- Don’t machine wash the headset or controllers.
Cleaning the lenses
- Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe the headset lenses clean.
- To avoid smudging the headset lenses while cleaning them, wipe in a circular motion from the center of each lens to its outer edge.
- For optimal tracking and passthrough, clean the four tracking camera lenses and the passthrough camera lens with a microfiber cloth.
- Never use any kind of cleaning solution on the lenses.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.