Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos Elite?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos Elite
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos Elite
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can I use the older version of the base stations together with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Are the base stations covered by warranty if accidentally damaged?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- My controller won't turn on after I accidentally unplugged it during firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos Elite for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps for seated/standing-only experiences work with room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- System Dashboard
- Changing the Chaperone settings
- How can I capture screenshots in VR?
- Disabling Volume limit
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos Elite
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos Elite beta program
- Seeing real surroundings
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
Putting on the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
- Peel off the protective film on the lenses.
- Fully loosen the band and peel off the protective film starting from the left side of the band.
Detach the velcro fastener on the top strap, and then loosen the band by turning the adjustment dial counter-clockwise.
While holding the visor with one hand, pull up the band.
Hold the visor to your eyes. Adjust the position of the visor until you see a clear image inside the headset.
Pull down the headset band around the back of your head until you hear a click. The click indicates that the headset band has locked into place.
Important: When you pull down the band, make sure the headset cable is not caught in between the band and your head. Let the headset cable run straight down your back.
Turn the adjustment dial clockwise until the headset fits snugly.
Make sure the visor faces straight ahead. If the band sits too low or high on the back of your head, the visor will be tilted. It will also be difficult to position the on-ear headphones properly on your ears. If there's light leakage around the areas of your nose or cheeks, adjust the position of the band.
Adjust the top strap until snug, and then fasten the velcro strap.
If there's light leakage around the areas of your nose or cheeks, readjust the strap and reposition the band.