Nothing's in my cart
Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
- Can I wear prescription glasses while using the headset?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos Elite
- Removing or reattaching the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
Product care and maintenance
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if a base station is not detected?
- Can Base Station 1.0 be used with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Is accidental base station damage covered by warranty?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos Elite for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- System Dashboard
- Changing the Chaperone settings
- How can I capture screenshots in VR?
- Disabling Volume limit
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos Elite
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos Elite beta program
- Seeing real surroundings
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
About the VIVE Cosmos Elite headset
Out of the box, VIVE Cosmos Elite uses base stations to track the headset and controllers. You need to separately purchase a supported front cover to use the cameras for tracking and for passthrough viewing so you can see real surroundings.
Important: The cameras on the headset are sensitive. Do not cover or scratch the cameras.
Front and side views
- Dual cameras
- Front cover
- Tracking sensor
- Headset band
- Top strap
- Headset cable
- Headset cable strip
- On-ear headphone
- Side cameras
- Status light
- Headset button
Back and bottom views
- Adjustment dial
- Side cushion
- Front pad
- Nose rest
- Interpupillary distance (IPD) knob
- Face cushion frame
- Face cushion
- Back pad
- Headset band
Inner view (face cushion frame removed)
1. Front cover lock button
2. Headset cable
3. Audio cable
4. USB Type-C cable slot