Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
Setting up parental controls
Use parental controls to monitor and manage the time your child spends in using the headset.
Important: To use the parental controls feature, you need the following:
- System version: 1.0.999.350 (FOTA 4) or later
- VIVE Manager: 2.0.23 (Android) or 2.2.23 (iOS) or later
Here's how to set up and turn on parental controls:
- Launch VIVE Manager on your phone.
- Tap the Devices tab.
Parental controls, and then set the following:
Option Description App restrictions Choose the apps your child can access. Usage restrictions Set when and how long your child can use the headset.
Set Break reminders so your child is reminded to take a break after a certain time has passed.
Parental controls passcode Set a passcode for turning off parental controls.
Turn on parental controls > Turn on.
Tip: You can also turn parental controls on and off from the headset. Press and hold the headset button to open the Power menu and then choose to turn parental controls on or off. To turn off parental controls, you'll need to enter the passcode.
VIVE Manager displays the Screen time report screen that shows your child's daily usage. To adjust settings or turn off parental controls, tap Turn off parental controls.