If you encounter the SteamVR Error 208 (Monitor not Found)
issue, check if the troubleshooting details on What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
can resolve the problem.
If you're using Windows 8 or later, the issue might be caused by enhancements in power management settings. Do these steps as a workaround:
- On your computer, go to .
- Click Device Manager, and then click to expand the list under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click Generic USB Hub (there may be more than one with the same label), and then select Properties.
- Click the Power Management tab, and then de-select Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Unplug and re-plug the power cable on the link box.
- Restart the SteamVR app.
For more information, you may refer to the SteamVR Troubleshooting page.