- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
Taking screenshots and screen recordings
You can capture screenshots and record videos of what you're viewing on the headset so you can share or view them later. Your headset also allows screen capture and recording in passthrough mode.
Tip: To enable screen capture and recording in passthrough mode, go to Settings, select Advanced > Camera settings, and then turn on Allow passthrough recording and casting.
Use the following methods to capture screenshots or record videos:
Capture a screenshot
Do either of the following:
Record your screen
Do either of the following:
Capture a screenshot or record videos with a timer
- You can also capture screenshots while recording video.
- Screen recording pauses automatically when you access certain kinds of dialog boxes, such as password screens.
- Screen capturing and recording may not be available in some apps.
- Screenshots and screen recordings are saved to your headset's internal storage. You can transfer them to a computer or external storage device later. To find out how, see the following topics: