- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
You can check the battery level in the headset or the VIVE Manager app. Here's how:
In the headset
From Home, aim toward the status icons in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. You'll then see the battery level and connection status of your headset and controllers.
In VIVE Manager
- Launch VIVE Manager on your phone.
- Tap the Devices tab.
- If you've paired headsets before, tap the down arrow to open the
Devices dropdown menu and select the headset you want to check.
Connect. You'll then see the battery level and connection status of your headset and controllers.
Tip: In the headset, you can also go to Settings and select Inputs > Controller to check the battery level and connection status of your controllers.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.