- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Browsing and viewing files
You can browse files, view images, and play videos that are saved on your headset or on an external storage device.
To browse files, do any of the following:
Method Steps Browse screenshots and screen recordings only
- Open the VIVE Menu. To find out how, see The VIVE Menu.
- Select the gallery button in the upper left of the window.
A window will open, displaying the contents of the Captures folder.
- Select the filter button in the upper right, then choose to display Screenshots, Recordings, or All.
Note: The gallery window only allows you to view files. You won't be able to transfer files.
Browse storage contents
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Storage.
You can access the following folders:
- Captures: Displays screenshots and screen recordings.
- Downloads: Displays images, videos, and APK files you transferred from an external storage device or a computer.
- USB drive: Displays the contents of an external storage device. See Connecting an external storage device to the headset.
- Select a file to open it.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.