Updating base station firmware via cable connection
The hardware may be purchased separately from the Accessories tab on www.vive.com/product/.
- From your computer, open the SteamVR app.
- If you see the icon, mouse over it to check if the firmware is out of date. If so, click Update base station firmware.
- Unplug the base stations from their power adapters, and then carefully unmount them.
- Using a micro-USB cable, connect the base stations to one of your computer’s USB ports one at time.
While pressing the
button at the back of the base station, plug in the base station’s power adapter.
Once the base station is detected by the SteamVR app, the firmware update will start automatically.Warning: Do not unplug the micro-USB cable or power cable any time before the firmware update is complete. Doing so could result in a firmware error.
- When the update is complete, click Done.