Nothing's in my cart
Headset and link box
- About the VIVE headset
- Putting the headset on
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Connecting a USB device to the headset
- Unplugging the 3-in-1 cable and audio cable from the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Replacing the nose rest
- Replacing the headset buckle
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
Deluxe Audio Strap
- What is VIVE Business Edition (BE)?
- What is the difference between VIVE and Vive BE?
- What happens if I buy the consumer version and use it commercially?
- How much will Vive BE cost?
- Is there a discount for bulk orders of Vive BE?
- Is there a minimum or maximum number of Vive BE systems that I can purchase?
- What are the shipping options available?
- Will I get an expected delivery date when I place my order?
- Is the buyer’s remorse process and period of time the same for Vive BE?
- My business doesn’t want to use Steam or VIVEPORT, can we create a custom VR program?
Product care and repair
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- What should I do if I don't hear a sound while using the audio cable?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can I use the older version of the base stations together with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Do I need to use the sync cable?
- Are the base stations covered by warranty if accidentally damaged?
- When VIVE is in use, my TV remote isn't working. What can I do?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- My controller won't turn on after I accidentally unplugged it during firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps for seated/standing-only experiences work with room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
- Downloading and installing the VIVE phone app
- Pairing your phone with VIVE
- Choosing which notifications to receive on VR
- Receiving notifications while in VR
- Checking your notifications
- Editing or adding message replies (Android users)
- Unpairing your phone with VIVE
- What types of phone notifications can I receive on VIVE?
- Can I receive notifications from more than one phone on VIVE?
- What features of the VIVE phone app are not supported in the iOS version?
Installing the base stations
Note:Before installing the base stations, decide first whether you want to set up a room-scale or seated/standing-only play area. See Planning your play area.
The hardware may be purchased separately from the Accessories tab on www.vive.com/product/.
Important: During unboxing, remove the thin film that covers the front panel of the base stations.
Mount the base stations diagonally at opposite corners of your space.
For details on how to use the mounting kit, see Using the mounting kit.
You can also use tripods, light stands, or cargo poles when mounting the base stations, or even place it on stable book cases. Just avoid using unstable mounting solutions or surfaces that are prone to vibration.
- Adjust the base stations so that the front panels are facing toward the center of the play area.
- Attach the power cables to the base stations, and then plug them each into a power outlet to turn them on. The status lights should be green.
Connect the base stations and set the channels.
Note: For details on how to order the sync cable, contact customer care.
Without the sync cable Press the Channel buttons at the back of the base stations so that one base station is set to channel “b”, while the other is set to channel “c”. With the sync cable (optional for added reliability)
Press the Channel buttons at the back of the base stations so that one base station is set to channel “A”, while the other is set to channel “b”.
Important: Once turned on, do not move or adjust the angles of the base stations as it could disrupt the tracking process. Otherwise, you will need to set up the play area again.