Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
How can I find my IPD?
There are several ways to estimate your IPD.
The most accurate way to determine your IPD is to consult a professional optometrist or eye doctor. You can also estimate your IPD by doing any of the following:
- Use a ruler and a mirror. See below for detailed instructions.
- Through experimentation. See below for detailed instructions.
- Using third-party apps or websites.
Note: Third-party apps or websites may collect personal data. HTC can neither guarantee the accuracy of IPD measured through third-party apps or websites nor ensure the security of your personal data.
Estimating your IPD in a mirror
You can estimate your IPD with a millimeter ruler and a mirror.
Stand directly in front of a mirror, and then hold the ruler up to your eyes.
Make sure that the ruler is level. If you're using a flexible ruler, make sure not to bend it.
Align the zero mark with the center of your pupil.
You may need to close your other eye to get a clear reading.
Check the millimeter mark on the other eye. You may need to close the first eye to get a clear reading.
- Make a note of your IPD measurement. You may want to recheck several times to make sure your reading is accurate.
Tip: You can also ask a friend to help you measure your IPD instead of doing it by yourself with a mirror. Make sure you're looking straight ahead while they measure.
Estimating your IPD through experimentation
You can estimate your IPD through trial and error. This method is easier than using a ruler, but it may be less accurate.
- While wearing the VR headset, focus on text or lines at the center of view. If there isn't any text in your field of view, open a screen that has some text on it.
- Adjust the IPD slider until the text is clear. Note the number for future reference.
- If the image is clearer for one eye than it is for the other, adjust the headset position. Repeat until the image is clear for both eyes.