Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
The hand tracking feature allows you to use your hands to interact in VR. Hand tracking is enabled by default.
- Hand tracking can work in both VR and MR spaces. You can only use hand gestures in apps that support hand tracking.
- Developers can use the VIVE Wave SDK to add hand tracking support to VR and MR apps.
You can use hand gestures to do the following:
Select items in menus or on screens.
With your palm facing outward, move your hand to position the cursor, and then pinch your index finger and thumb together to select.
- Pinch and drag
With your palm facing outward, pinch and drag to scroll pages or move sliders.
- Open or close the VIVE Menu. For details, see The VIVE Menu.
The headset can seamlessly switch between hand tracking and the controllers.
- To use the controllers, pick them up and position them in front of the headset.
- To switch back to hand tracking, place the controllers on a level surface and position your hands in front of the headset.
Tip: To disable hand tracking, go to Settings, select Inputs, and then turn off Hand tracking.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.