Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
Adjusting the IPD on the headset
Interpupillary distance (IPD) is the distance between the centers of your eyes.
Use the IPD slider to adjust the lens spacing so it matches your IPD, which will give you a clear view in VR.
On the bottom-right side of your headset, move the IPD slider right or left until the lines on the screen are in focus.
As you make adjustments, your IPD value will be displayed.
Tip: If you don't know what your IPD is, see How can I find my IPD? for ways to measure your IPD.