- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
You can connect an external storage device to your headset and transfer files between them. To find out how to connect a storage device, see Connecting an external storage device to the headset.
Here's how to transfer files between the headset and an external storage device:
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Select File browser.
Do any of the following:
- To choose screenshots and screen recordings captured by the headset, open the Captures folder.
- To choose files from the external storage device, open USB drive.
- Select the Select button in the lower right. Then select each of the files that you want to copy, or select all files.
- Select the Copy button.
- When transferring files to the headset, files can only be copied to the Downloads folder.
- When transferring files to an external storage device, files will be copied to the root folder of the device.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.