- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Installing APK files on the headset
You can install VR apps and Android™ mobile apps on your headset using APK files.
Important: Apps installed using APK files may not run properly if they are not compatible with your headset.
Here's how to transfer and install an APK file:
Transfer the APK file to the headset through one of the following methods:
Method Steps Transfer to external storage device
- Copy the APK file to a USB storage device.
- Connect the USB storage device to your headset. See Connecting an external storage device to the headset.
Transfer to internal storage
- Connect your headset to your PC. For details, see
Connecting the headset to your computer.
The Choose USB mode dialog box will appear in the headset.
- Select File transfer.
- On your PC, open a file management app such as File Explorer and click your headset name.
- Click Internal shared storage.
- Copy the APK file to the Downloads folder.
- Put on your headset.
- From Home, select Settings.
- Select Advanced.
- Turn on Allow unknown apps.
- On the left-hand side of the Settings panel, select Storage.
- Select File browser.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the APK file.
- Select the APK file to install it.
Tip: After installing an APK file, the app will appear in the Library. You can use the filter to find it more quickly. For details, see Accessing apps in the Library.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.