- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
Pairing VIVE Manager with a new headset
You can pair VIVE Manager with several headsets and manage them in one place.
Here's how to pair a new headset:
In your headset, go to Settings and select
Connectivity, and then select
Pair next to
Phone pairing (VIVE Manager).
A dialog box will appear, showing a device number.Note: The device number will be used to create the device name for your headset in VIVE Manager.
- Launch VIVE Manager on your phone.
- Tap the Devices tab.
If you've paired headsets before, tap the down arrow to open the
Devices dropdown menu and select
Pair new headset.
- On the Welcome screen, select VIVE XR Elite and set up your new headset.
When you see the
Pair VIVE XR Elite screen and the front headset LED flashes white, press the headset button.
Tip: You can also check if the pairing code on the Pair VIVE XR Elite screen matches the one displayed in your headset. Then press the headset button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions in VIVE Manager and your headset to finish setting up the headset.