- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Setting up your headset for the first time
Set up your headset with the VIVE Manager app. VIVE Manager will guide you step-by-step through the setup process.
VIVE Manager requires Android 9 or later, or iOS 12 or later. To download the app, you can go to the VIVE XR Elite Setup page or search for the app on the Google Play Store or App Store.
Here's how to set up your headset with VIVE Manager:
- Turn on your headset. See Turning the headset on and off.
- Launch VIVE Manager on your phone.
- On the Welcome screen, select VIVE XR Elite.
- Select Controllers and Battery cradle if you have these accessories and then tap Next.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to grant permissions to VIVE Manager.
Start to begin setting up your headset.
- Sign in with your HTC account, or tap Create an account to create a new account using your email address or phone number.
Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the following:
Task Steps Pair VIVE Manager with your headset When your headset receives a pairing request from VIVE Manager, the front headset LED will flash white. When the LED starts flashing, press the headset button. Choose a Wi-Fi network Connect your headset to a Wi-Fi network by entering the login credentials or scanning a Wi-Fi QR code.
Note: If you select a corporate or public network that requires connecting through their login page, you'll need to complete the login process in the headset.
Pair controllers Turn on the controllers. The headset can automatically pair with the controllers that came in the box. You can also pair controllers manually.
If there's a system update available, make sure to install it to get the latest features and enhancements.
After installing the system update, tap Restart in VIVE Manager to restart the headset.
Get in focus screen, tap
Confirm. Then put on your headset and continue with setup.
Follow the instructions in the headset to adjust the diopter dials, IPD, and volume, and define your play area. You can also refer to the following topics:
To learn more about VIVE Manager, see About VIVE Manager.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.