- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Casting the headset to an external display
You can share what you see in VR with Miracast™ devices such as TVs wirelessly in real time. Your view in VR will appear on the device you choose, allowing you to share your VR experience with others.
- The headset supports connecting to Miracast devices on both the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands via Wi-Fi Direct.
- To enable screen casting in passthrough mode, go to Settings, select Advanced > Camera settings, and then turn on Allow passthrough recording and casting.
- Open the VIVE Menu. To find out how, see The VIVE Menu.
- Select Cast.
- Choose a display device to cast to.
- If the display device is not on the list, make sure the device is set to receive an incoming cast.
- Screen casting pauses automatically when you access certain kinds of dialog boxes, such as password screens. Screen casting may also be disabled in some apps.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.