Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Using mixed reality on VIVE XR Elite
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Viewing 360° photos
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Setting up a mixed reality environment
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Choosing a tracking mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
VIVE XR Elite for Business
Solutions and FAQs
- What should I do when the headset is unable to detect the controllers?
- How do I check the battery level of the headset and controllers?
- Why isn't the battery percentage displaying correctly?
- Why does my headset turn off when it's connected to a power bank?
- How long is the USB-C to USB-C cable that comes with the headset?
- Can I connect a wired USB-C audio device to the headset?
Apps and content
VIVE Controller for XR Series
Balanced to fit comfortably in your hands, the controllers are designed for easy input and navigation during long VR sessions. Six degrees of freedom (6DoF) support, ergonomically placed buttons and triggers, and touch sensors further deliver intuitive, precise controls.
1. Grip button
3. USB Type-C charging port
1. Controller LED
3. VIVE button
4. B button
5. A button
6. Thumb rest
7. Y button
8. X button
9. Menu button
|Turn the controllers on||Press the VIVE button on the right controller and the Menu button on the left controller.|
|Turn the controllers off||Press and hold the VIVE button on the right controller and the Menu button on the left controller for 2 seconds.|
|Put the controllers in pairing mode||See Pairing the controllers for details.|
|Open the VIVE Menu||Press the VIVE button . See The VIVE Menu for details.|
|Select an item||Press the trigger.|
|Grab an object||Press the grip button.|
Note: Buttons and other controls may be mapped differently depending on the app you're using.
Charging the controllers
The controllers use built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. You can charge the controllers using any USB charger with an output of at least 10 watts.
The LED on each controller indicates the current status.
|Flashing red||Battery level is below 15%|
|Orange||Controller is charging|
|Flashing blue||Controller is in pairing mode|
|Blue||Controller is connecting to the headset|
|Green||Controller is connected to the headset|
|Flashing blue and red alternately||Controller firmware is being updated|
|Off||Controller is idle|