Nothing's in my cart
- Attaching the battery cradle and charging the battery
- Putting on the headset (with the battery cradle attached)
- Using the headset without the battery cradle
- Attaching and adjusting the head strap
- Turning the headset on and off
- Setting up your headset for the first time
- Adjusting the diopter dials
- Removing and reattaching the face cushion
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Pairing the controllers
- Setting up your play area
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Hand tracking
- The VIVE Menu
- Accessing apps in the Library
- Viewing your surroundings
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE XR Elite
- Using the VIVE Case for XR Series
Managing screenshots, files, and apps
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Connecting the headset to your computer
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Browsing and viewing files
- Connecting an external storage device to the headset
- Transferring files between the headset and an external storage device
- Installing apps on the headset
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Uninstalling apps
Using VIVE Manager
Sharing and streaming content
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Setting a device passcode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Resetting your headset (factory reset)
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Adding a VPN connection
Solutions and FAQs
Setting up your play area
The play area is a space in your environment that you designate for VR use. A safety boundary appears when you're close to the edges of your play area.When you set up a Room-scale play area, you'll need a space measuring 1.5 × 1.5 m that's free from obstacles such as objects, pets, and people. If you don't have that much space, you can also set up a Stationary play area so you can interact in VR while sitting or standing.
During setup, you'll be guided with instructions on how to use hand gestures or controllers to set up your play area.
- Set your floor position. Use your hand or controller to push down the virtual floor to match it with your physical floor.
- Choose to set up a Room-scale or Stationary play area.
If you choose
Room-scale, draw the boundary of your play area.
- Pinch and hold on a starting point with your fingers, or press and hold the trigger on a starting point.
- Trace along the floor to draw the boundary. For your safety, make sure to exclude any obstacles in your environment.
- Set your front-facing view in VR. This is where menus, dialog boxes, and messages will appear.
- If you move your headset to another location and put it back on, the headset will prompt you to set up your play area again.
- You can go to Settings and select Boundary to reconfigure your front-facing view, floor position, safety boundary, and other boundary settings.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.