- Top articles
Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
- Resetting the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- The headset and controllers are not being tracked properly. What can I do?
VIVE Reality System
What is Origin?
Origin is your own corner of VR.
Explore and treat the virtual space as your home base whenever you're taking a break or switching between titles.
In Origin, you can:
- Explore the virtual space by teleporting.
- Interact with objects.
- Press the VIVE button on the right controller to open Lens.
On the left side of
> Go to Origin.
Note: If you go to Origin while in an app, you'll exit that app.
Exploring in Origin
Move around in Origin by teleporting.
- Use the joystick to aim at the location on the ground where you want to go.
- Let go of the joystick to teleport to that spot.
Interacting with objects in Origin
Pick up and play with objects in Origin.
- Touch an object with a controller. The controller will vibrate and the object will be highlighted if you can interact with the object.
While still touching the object with a controller, do one of the following:
- To interact with objects such as pressing a button, pull the trigger.
- To pick up an object, press and hold the Grip button. To drop the object, release the Grip button.