- Top articles
Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
- Resetting the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- The headset and controllers are not being tracked properly. What can I do?
VIVE Reality System
Attaching the cable guides to the headset band
Note: To use your own headphones with VIVE Cosmos, you'll need the replacement kit for headphones. For details on how to get the kit, contact customer care.Before plugging in your earphones, you need to attach the audio cable guide and headset cable guide to the headset band. The cable guides are included in the replacement kit for earphones.
Note: Before you attach the cable guides, make sure to remove the on-ear headphones from the headset band, including the front pad and side cushions. For details, see Detaching the on-ear headphones from the headset band.
Use a cross-shaped screwdriver (PH00) to attach the screws.
- On the right side of the band, place the audio connector between the rubber pad and audio cable guide. Align the holes on the band, rubber pad, and audio cable guide, and then screw in place.
- On the left side of the band, align the headset cable guide holes with the holes on the band, then screw in place. Make sure that the headset cable passes through the headset cable guide. The stopper on the headset cable must also be placed on the visor side of the cable guide.
Reattach the front pad and side cushions to the headset band. Make sure that each side cushion is aligned with the curvature on the band.
After attaching the cable guides, you can now plug in the earphones. For details, see Plugging in your earphones.