Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- Replacing the front cover with the VIVE Cosmos External Tracking Faceplate
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can I use the older version of the base stations together with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Are the base stations covered by warranty if accidentally damaged?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- My controller won't turn on after I accidentally unplugged it during firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- System Dashboard
- Changing the Chaperone settings
- How can I capture screenshots in VR?
- Disabling Volume limit
- Enabling motion compensation
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos beta program
- Seeing real surroundings
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
Detaching the cable guides from the headset band
If you want to reattach the on-ear heaphones, you first need to detach the audio cable guide and headset cable guide from the headset band. The cable guides are included in the replacement kit for earphones. For details on how to order the replacement kit for earphones, contact customer care.
Make sure to keep these parts in a safe place.
Detaching the audio cable guide
You can remove the audio cable guide from the right side of the band.
- Remove the side cushion.
- Remove the screws using a cross-shaped screwdriver (PH00).
Remove the rubber pad that holds the audio cable connector against the audio cable guide.
- Side cushion
- Rubber pad
- Audio connector
- Audio cable guide