- VIVE Focus 3 features
- What's inside the box?
- About the VIVE Focus 3 headset
- Charging the headset
- Putting on the headset
- Wearing the headset with glasses
- About the VIVE Focus 3 controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Setting up VIVE Focus 3 for individuals, teams, and small businesses
- Inserting a storage card
- Setting up your headset for business and enterprise
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Setting up your play area
- Pairing controllers
- Signing in with your HTC account
- Launching and closing apps
Getting the most out of your headset
- Getting titles from VIVE Business AppStore
- Downloading and installing VR titles on the headset
- Hand tracking
- Setting up multiple play areas
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Transferring screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files between the headset and external storage
- Casting your screen
- Installing APK files on the headset
- Cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Focus 3
- Setting a device passcode
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Adding a VPN
- Adjusting the power frequency
- Choosing a display mode
- Adjusting audio settings
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Installing system and firmware updates
- Uninstalling apps
- Connecting to the internet through USB tethering
- Resetting VIVE Focus 3 (factory reset)
- What is VIVE Manager?
- What phones does VIVE Manager support, and how do I get it?
- What languages does VIVE Manager support?
- Pairing VIVE Manager with VIVE Focus 3
- Casting the headset to your phone
- How do I install system updates from VIVE Manager?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my Android phone?
- How do I uninstall VIVE Manager from my iPhone?
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Solutions and FAQs
- What do the buttons on the headset do?
- What do the LEDs on the battery mean?
- What do the controller buttons do?
- What does the LED on the controllers mean?
- How do I check the power level of my controllers?
- What should I do if I can't see my controllers in VR?
- What do I do if my content crashes?
- What do I do if my headset isn't responding?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
VIVE Focus 3 also supports the Wi-Fi 6E standard. VIVE Focus 3 can be connected to 6 GHz wireless networks in regions where the headset is certified to use Wi-Fi 6E.
VIVE Focus 3 can only use
Wi-Fi 6E in select regions. Because
Wi-Fi 6E is still a new standard, availability and channels will be dependent on local legislation in your country.
For details, see In what regions can Wi-Fi 6E be used?.
- Before VIVE Focus 3 can detect 6 GHz wireless networks, you need to connect the headset to a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network first. You can then scan for 6 GHz networks to connect to.
Here's how to connect the headset to a Wi-Fi network:
Settings, and then select
Connectivity > Wi-Fi (2.4/5 GHz).
Nearby 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks will be listed.
- Select the Wi-Fi network to connect to.
- Enter your login credentials, configure your network settings, and then select Connect.
- To access Wi-Fi settings, you can also press the VIVE button on the right controller, and then select More > Wi-Fi.
- If the network you want to use is not listed, try adding it manually by selecting Add Network.