Nothing's in my cart
- About the VIVERSE app
- Creating avatars
- Using the VIVE Avatar Creator mobile app
- Signing in to VIVERSE and choosing your avatar
- Navigating VIVERSE with hand gestures
- Navigating VIVERSE with VR controllers
- The VIVERSE Menu
- Changing your avatar
- Changing the background theme
- Playing background music
- Accessing your Friends list
- Private Talk
- Changing your status
Tools you can use
Using content windows
Uploading and downloading content
Working with 3D models
Solutions and FAQs
Preparing 3D models
Here are supported file formats and recommended specifications for preparing 3D models:
Supported file formats
Unity Asset Bundle
VIVERSE supports Unity standard and custom shaders, including animations.
Prepare AssetBundle files to allow VIVE XR Elite users to view your 3D model.
3D and 2D formats
Use any of the following supported 3D formats for your 3D model: FBX, OBJ, glTF, GLB.
Note: Only BaseColor Map is supported.
If you want to create separate texture files for your 3D model, use any of the following supported 2D formats for your textures:
- JPG (baseline & progressive - 12 bpc/arithmetic not supported)
- BMP (non-1bpp, non-RLE)
- If your 3D model has separate texture files, the 3D model and textures must be packaged into a ZIP file and then uploaded.
- If your 3D model doesn't have separate texture files, it doesn't need to be packaged into a ZIP file. Your 3D model can be directly uploaded.
Recommendations and limitations
To ensure you can load your 3D model and others can see it, follow the recommended 3D model specifications below.
- Polygons: 5,000 or below recommended, 200,000 maximum
- File size: 60 MB or below recommended, 300 MB maximum
- Texture resolution: 1024 x 1024 recommended, 2048 x 2048 maximum
For more information
For complete details on preparing 3D models, see the Guide on Preparing 3D Models.