Nothing's in my cart
Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro HMD
- Putting on the VIVE Pro HMD
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro HMD
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
Product care and repair
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- Can I use the USB Type-C earphones that came with my HTC phone?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- The headset display suddenly turns blank. What can I do?
- How do I install the driver updates for the VIVE Pro dual camera on Windows 7?
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can I use the older version of the base stations together with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Do I need to use the sync cable?
- Are the base stations covered by warranty if accidentally damaged?
- When VIVE Pro is in use, my TV remote isn't working. What can I do?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- My controller won't turn on after I accidentally unplugged it during firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Pro HMD for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
Installing the base stations
Note:Before installing the base stations, decide first whether you want to set up a room-scale or seated/standing-only play area. See Planning your play area.
The hardware may be purchased separately from the Accessories tab on www.vive.com/product/.
Important: During unboxing, remove the thin film that covers the front panel of the base stations.
Mount the base stations diagonally at opposite corners of your space.
For details on how to use the mounting kit, see Using the mounting kit.
You can also use tripods, light stands, or cargo poles when mounting the base stations, or even place it on stable book cases. Just avoid using unstable mounting solutions or surfaces that are prone to vibration.
- Adjust the base stations so that the front panels are facing toward the center of the play area.
- Attach the power cables to the base stations, and then plug them each into a power outlet to turn them on. The status lights should be green.
Connect the base stations and set the channels.
Note: For details on how to order the sync cable, contact customer care.
Without the sync cable Press the Channel buttons at the back of the base stations so that one base station is set to channel “b”, while the other is set to channel “c”. With the sync cable (optional for added reliability)
Press the Channel buttons at the back of the base stations so that one base station is set to channel “A”, while the other is set to channel “b”.
Important: Once turned on, do not move or adjust the angles of the base stations as it could disrupt the tracking process. Otherwise, you will need to set up the play area again.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.