Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear prescription glasses while using the headset?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing or reattaching the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
Product care and maintenance
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Can stationary experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- Why are the headset and controllers not tracked properly?
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
VIVE Reality System
- Disabling Volume limit
- Capturing screenshots in VR
- Seeing real surroundings
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos beta program
- Setting the power supply frequency
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
How do I prepare the headset before returning it for repair?
Follow these steps to remove the accessories from the headset:
- While holding the visor with one hand, lift the headset band.
Remove the front and back pads.
Removing the front and back pads.
Once the pads are removed, the headset strap and cable strap can be loosened from the back of the headset.
Remove the top strap.
Follow the steps in Detaching the top strap from the headset band, but do not reattach the front and back pads.
Remove the face cushion frame.
Gently pull on any side of the frame starting from the bottom, and then pull one side at a time on the top.Important: Avoid pulling or squeezing on the sides of the frame to prevent damage.
Unplug and remove the headset cable.
- Remove the side cushions then followed by the on-ear headphones. See Detaching the on-ear headphones from the headset band.
Remove the audio cable.
To remove, gently pull from the audio cable connector. When the cable comes free of the groove, rotate the audio jack counterclockwise, and then unplug from the headset.
- Remove the front cover. Follow steps 1 to 3 in Replacing the front cover.
After removing the accessories, the headset should look like this:
Pack it carefully and send it for repair.