Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear prescription glasses while using the headset?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing or reattaching the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Replacing the front cover
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
Product care and maintenance
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Can stationary experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- Why are the headset and controllers not tracked properly?
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
VIVE Reality System
- Disabling Volume limit
- Capturing screenshots in VR
- Seeing real surroundings
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos beta program
- Setting the power supply frequency
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
Attaching the cable guides to the headset band
Note: To use your own headphones with VIVE Cosmos, you'll need the replacement kit for headphones. For details on how to get the kit, contact Customer Care.Before plugging in your earphones, attach the audio cable guide and headset cable guide to the headset band.
Note: The cable guides are included in the replacement kit for earphones. Before you attach the cable guides, make sure to remove the on-ear headphones from the headset band, including the front pad and side cushions. For details, see Detaching the on-ear headphones from the headset band.
Use a cross-shaped screwdriver (PH00) to attach the screws.
- On the right side of the band, place the audio connector between the rubber pad and audio cable guide. Align the holes on the band, rubber pad, and audio cable guide, and then screw in place.
- On the left side of the band, align the headset cable guide holes with the holes on the band, then screw in place. Make sure that the headset cable passes through the headset cable guide. The stopper on the headset cable must also be placed on the visor side of the cable guide.
Reattach the front pad and side cushions to the headset band. Make sure that each side cushion is aligned with the curvature on the band.
After attaching the cable guides, you can now plug in the earphones. For details, see Plugging in your earphones.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.