- Top articles
Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Replacing the front cover
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
- Resetting the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- The headset and controllers are not being tracked properly. What can I do?
VIVE Reality System
Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Peel off the protective film on the lenses.
- Fully loosen the band and peel off the protective film starting from the left side of the band.
Detach the velcro fastener on the top strap, and then loosen the band by turning the adjustment dial counter-clockwise.
While holding the visor with one hand, pull up the band.
Hold the visor to your eyes. Adjust the position of the visor until you see a clear image inside the headset.
Pull down the headset band around the back of your head until you hear a click. The click indicates that the headset band has locked into place.
Important: When you pull down the band, make sure the headset cable is not caught in between the band and your head. Let the headset cable run straight down your back.
Turn the adjustment dial clockwise until the headset fits snugly.
Make sure the visor faces straight ahead. If the band sits too low or high on the back of your head, the visor will be tilted. It will also be difficult to position the on-ear headphones properly on your ears. If there's light leakage around the areas of your nose or cheeks, adjust the position of the band.
Adjust the top strap until snug, and then fasten the velcro strap.
If there's light leakage around the areas of your nose or cheeks, readjust the strap and reposition the band.