- Top articles
Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Cosmos?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Replacing the front cover
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up the play area
- Resetting the play area
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Does VIVE Cosmos store my room or environment image?
- Will VR apps that are for limited spaces or stationary experiences only work with a room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- The headset and controllers are not being tracked properly. What can I do?
VIVE Reality System
Detaching the on-ear headphones from the headset band
Note: To use your own headphones with VIVE Cosmos, you'll need the replacement kit for headphones. For details on how to get the kit, contact customer care.Before using your own earphones, you first need to detach the on-ear headphones from the headset band.
- On the right side of the band, disconnect the audio plug from the audio cable connector.
Remove the side cushions and front pad from the headset band. For details, see
Removing the front and back pads.
- On the front section of the band, carefully pull out the cable of the on-ear headphones from the groove.
On the left and right sides of the band, flip open the metal clasp of each headphone to detach it.
After detaching the on-ear headphones, you need to attach cable guides before plugging in your own earphones. For details, see Attaching the cable guides to the headset band.