Nothing's in my cart
Getting the most out of your VR glasses
- About VIVE Flow
- About the phone controller
- About the VR controller
- Adjusting the diopter dial
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Changing boundary size
- Turning on blue light filter
- Changing preferred way to hold phone or VR controller
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Mirroring your phone on VIVE Flow
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Copying screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow
- Playing videos from local storage
- Casting your screen
- Seeing real surroundings (Passthrough)
- Pairing VIVE Flow with another phone
- Switching between paired phones or VR controller
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Uninstalling content
- Installing system and firmware updates
- About cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Flow
- Browsing files on a USB drive
- What phones can I use with VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I see anything in front of me?
- How can I optimize tracking in my space?
- Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
- What should I do when the phone controller disappears or doesn't work in VR?
- What can I do if the phone controller is not responsive or lags?
- Why can't I enable the phone controller from my phone?
- What can I do if the phone controller doesn't work?
- What do I do if VIVE Flow suddenly loses power when using the phone controller as a power source?
- What does the status light on VIVE Flow mean?
- What does the Headset button do?
- How do I perform a factory reset on VIVE Flow?
- How do I answer my phone when using VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I watch 360-degree YouTube videos in Phone mode?
- How do I enjoy VIVE Flow while lying down?
- How do I report an issue?
- Why can't I open Google Assistant in Phone mode?
- What should I do if I can't grant permission for Accessibility Services ?
- My phone supports phone mirroring, why doesn't Phone mode work?
- Why can't Miracast be detected on my HTC, Samsung, or Oppo phone?
- Where do I find the VIVE app accessibility services setting on my Samsung phone?
- What should I do if Phone mode crashes or doesn't work on my Xiaomi phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back my video from my phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back content from my OnePlus phone in Phone mode?
- Why does casting stop when I enter Kiosk mode?
- Why can't I reconnect my phone with VIVE Flow?
- What do I do if my VIVE Flow isn't responding?
- Where can I find my screenshots and screen recordings?
- Why don't I see the "Special offers" popup when setting up VIVE Flow?
- Why don't I see any gifted apps in my VIVE Flow?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
It's easy to connect to Wi-Fi using the VIVE app or during the setup process, but you can also add or change networks from Settings.
Important: When using a phone controller with VIVE Flow, VIVE Flow can only connect to a Wi-Fi network that supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/n (5 GHz band). Make sure your Wi-Fi router or phone's Wi-Fi hotspot is set to the 5 GHz band. To learn how to set your phone's Wi-Fi hotspot to 5 GHz, see Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot? . To learn how to set your Wi-Fi router to the 5 GHz band, consult its user guide.
- If you're currently running an app, tap/press the VIVE button on the controller, and then select Back to Home.
- From Home, select Settings.
- In Connectivity, select Wi-Fi.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network to add from the list. If your network is hidden, add it manually by selecting Add Network at the bottom of the list.
- If this is the first time you've connected to this network, enter your network information.
- For some public Wi-Fi networks, such as the ones in hotels or airports, you'll need to open a web browser to log in to connect to the Wi-Fi network. In VR, open VIVE Browser, and then go to any website. VIVE Browser will redirect you to the log in page where you can enter the required credentials to connect.
- You can also use the VIVE app to set up Wi-Fi for VIVE Flow. In the VIVE app, tap your VIVE Flow under Headset, and then tap Headset Wi-Fi.