Nothing's in my cart
Getting the most out of your VR glasses
- About VIVE Flow
- About the phone controller
- About the VR controller
- Adjusting the diopter dial
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Changing boundary size
- Turning on blue light filter
- Changing preferred way to hold phone or VR controller
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Mirroring your phone on VIVE Flow
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Copying screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow
- Playing videos from local storage
- Casting your screen
- Seeing real surroundings (Passthrough)
- Pairing VIVE Flow with another phone
- Switching between paired phones or VR controller
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Uninstalling content
- Installing system and firmware updates
- About cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Flow
- Browsing files on a USB drive
- What phones can I use with VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I see anything in front of me?
- How can I optimize tracking in my space?
- Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
- What should I do when the phone controller disappears or doesn't work in VR?
- What can I do if the phone controller is not responsive or lags?
- Why can't I enable the phone controller from my phone?
- What can I do if the phone controller doesn't work?
- What do I do if VIVE Flow suddenly loses power when using the phone controller as a power source?
- What does the status light on VIVE Flow mean?
- What does the Headset button do?
- How do I perform a factory reset on VIVE Flow?
- How do I answer my phone when using VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I watch 360-degree YouTube videos in Phone mode?
- How do I enjoy VIVE Flow while lying down?
- How do I report an issue?
- Why can't I open Google Assistant in Phone mode?
- What should I do if I can't grant permission for Accessibility Services ?
- My phone supports phone mirroring, why doesn't Phone mode work?
- Why can't Miracast be detected on my HTC, Samsung, or Oppo phone?
- Where do I find the VIVE app accessibility services setting on my Samsung phone?
- What should I do if Phone mode crashes or doesn't work on my Xiaomi phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back my video from my phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back content from my OnePlus phone in Phone mode?
- Why does casting stop when I enter Kiosk mode?
- Why can't I reconnect my phone with VIVE Flow?
- What do I do if my VIVE Flow isn't responding?
- Where can I find my screenshots and screen recordings?
- Why don't I see the "Special offers" popup when setting up VIVE Flow?
- Why don't I see any gifted apps in my VIVE Flow?
About the phone controller
Use your Android phone to interact in VR.
- You need to use the phone that you paired with your VIVE Flow, and make sure your phone and VIVE Flow are connected via Bluetooth.
- Make sure the phone screen is unlocked.
- You can also use the VR controller to interact in VR. See About the VR controller for details.
Phone controller interface
- In VR, look down on your hand holding the phone to see the controller layout. You can also see visual feedback when you tap the phone screen.
- To close the currently running app and go back to Home, open the VIVE menu, aim the beam on the Home image, and then select
Back to Home.
- Aim your phone forward and hold it parallel to the floor, and then tap and hold the screen with 2 fingers for 2 seconds to recenter the beam. Do this if the beam orientation is off or you can't see the beam in VR.
- Swipe vertically or horizontally to go through screens.
The phone controller is automatically disabled when you take off VIVE Flow. If you need to use your phone while using VIVE Flow, disable the phone controller by swiping down from the top of the phone screen. You need to disable the phone controller to use your phone.
Note: Your phone screen is dimmed when the phone controller is enabled.
To enable the controller again, swipe down to open the Notifications panel, and then tap Phone controller disabled: Tap here to enable.