Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro 2?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Installing your own headphones
- Reinstalling the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
VIVE Link Box (2.0)
Product care and repair
- How do I fix issues such as the display turning black or showing static?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- There's no audio when I use my USB Type-C headphones.
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- While the headset is connected, my PC beeps when rebooting.
Base Station 2.0
- About SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Installing SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- How many SteamVR Base Stations 2.0 can I use in a single setup?
- What things should I consider when installing more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Setting up additional base stations
- What are the minimum and maximum play area when using more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- My available space has an irregular shape. Can I still set up more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Can I use an odd number of SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Configuring the base station channels
- How can I check which base stations are currently in use?
- Using the mounting kit to install SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Cleaning the base stations
Base Station 1.0
Base Station 1.0 and 2.0 FAQs
- About VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Choosing the play area
- Planning your play area
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
Using the mounting kit to install SteamVR Base Station 2.0
For best results, install SteamVR Base Station 2.0 using a mounting kit, which is provided as an in-box item in VIVE Pro 2 full kit. If you bought more SteamVR Base Station 2.0 units, you can separately purchase a similar mounting kit from a third-party supplier.
- You will need a screwdriver or drill to install the mounts. Ask a professional for help when using power tools.
- Remember to peel off the protective film from the front panel after you've mounted the base stations.
Mark where you want to install each of the mounts on your wall, and then screw the mounts in.
When mounting on concrete or drywall, first drill ¼ inch holes and insert anchors before screwing mounts in.
- Rotate the base station to screw it onto the threaded ball joint. Do not screw the base station all the way in, only enough to be stable and oriented correctly.
Tighten the wingnut to the base station to secure it in place.
- To adjust the angle of the base station, loosen the clamping ring while carefully holding the base station to prevent it from falling.
- Tilt the base station toward the play area. To fix the angle of the base station, tighten the clamping ring back in.
Attach the power cable to each base station.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.