Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Putting on the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro 2?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro 2 headset
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
VIVE Link Box (2.0)
Product care and repair
- How do I fix issues such as the display turning black or showing static?
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- There's no audio when I use my USB Type-C headphones.
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- While the headset is connected, my PC beeps when rebooting.
- How do I update base station firmware via Bluetooth?
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can Base Station 1.0 be used with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Is accidental base station damage covered by warranty?
Base Station 2.0
- About SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Installing SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- How many SteamVR Base Stations 2.0 can I use in a single setup?
- What things should I consider when installing more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Setting up additional base stations
- What are the minimum and maximum play area when using more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- My available space has an irregular shape. Can I still set up more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Can I use an odd number of SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Configuring the base station channels
- How can I check which base stations are currently in use?
- Using the mounting kit to install SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Cleaning the base stations
- About VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Choosing the play area
- Planning your play area
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
To use VIVE Pro 2, your computer must meet the following system requirements:
|Component||Recommended system requirements||Minimum system requirements|
|Processor||Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 1500 equivalent or better||Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 1500 equivalent or better|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 / AMD Radeon RX 5700 equivalent or better||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 equivalent or better|
|Memory||8 GB RAM or more||8 GB RAM or more|
|Video output||DisplayPort 1.4 or newer required to use headset's full resolution||DisplayPort 1.2 or newer|
|USB port||1x USB 3.0 or newer||1x USB 3.0 or newer|
|Operating system||Windows 10||Windows 10|
- Make sure to use VIVE Link Box (2.0) and VIVE Headset Cable (2.0) included with VIVE Pro 2.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 series (Turing), AMD Radeon 5000 (Navi) series, or better and support for Display Stream Compression (DSC) are required to run the headset at full resolution.
- VIVE Wireless Adapter currently supports 2448 x 1224 resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate when used with
VIVE Pro 2. Support for 3264 x 1632 coming soon.
Please check the power bank that's included in your VIVE Wireless Adapter kit. For VIVE Pro 2, you need to use the 21-watt power bank with the wireless adapter.
- USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.2 Gen 1.