Headset and headphones
- About the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Putting on the VIVE Cosmos headset
- Can I wear prescription glasses while using the headset?
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Flipping up the visor
- Connecting a USB device to VIVE Cosmos
- Removing or reattaching the face cushions
- Removing the front and back pads
- Reattaching the front and back pads to the headset
- Reattaching the headset cable strip to the back pad
- Detaching the top strap from the headset band
- Attaching the top strap to the headset band
- Cleaning the headset lenses
- Cleaning the face cushions
- Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
- Installing the VIVE Cosmos External Tracking Faceplate
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- About the VIVE base stations
- Installing the base stations
- Tips for setting up the base stations
- Using the mounting kit
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- Updating base station firmware via cable connection
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if a base station is not detected?
- Can Base Station 1.0 be used with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Is accidental base station damage covered by warranty?
- About the VIVE controllers
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if a controller is not tracked?
- How do I know which controller is not tracked?
- What can I do if the controller trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- How do I recover my controller after an interrupted update?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Cosmos for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Can seated/standing-only experiences work at room scale?
- How do I fix download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
- System Dashboard
- Changing the Chaperone settings
- How can I capture screenshots in VR?
- Disabling Volume limit
- Enabling motion compensation
- What is motion compensation?
- Updating the firmware
- Troubleshooting VIVE Cosmos
- Joining the VIVE Cosmos beta program
- Seeing real surroundings
- What do the error codes and messages mean? What can I do?
Caring for your VIVE Cosmos
Here are some tips to help protect your VIVE Cosmos headset from scratches or damage.
- Keep the headset lenses away from sharp objects, including cable tips. This will prevent the headset lenses from being scratched.
- When not in use, store the headset in a cool, dark, and low humidity environment.
- When not in use, store the headset with the lenses pointed away from direct sunlight. Failure to do so may damage the headset display.
- When storing the headset, it is recommended to cover the lenses with the paper cover to help prevent accidental scratches.