Nothing's in my cart
Tips for setting up the base stations
Before setting up the base stations, make sure to prepare your production area based on the amount of space you have available.
The minimum area required for room-scale setup is 2 m x 1.5 m (6.5 ft x 5 ft).
Set up your base stations to fit the requirements of your studio space. For the best results, keep the following things in mind:
- Make sure the base stations are set up outside the production area and adequately secured to avoid damage or compromised performance.
Each base station has a 150-degree horizontal field of view and a 110-degree vertical field of view. To maximize the scope of your production area, set up the base stations at least 2 m (6.5 ft) high and 5 m (16 ft) apart. In addition, make sure each base station is tilted down between 30 and 45 degrees.
- For optimal tracking, make sure VIVE Tracker (3.0) is at least 0.5 m (1.6 ft) away from each base station and that each base station is at least 0.5 m (1.6 ft) high. The height of the base stations determines how far up or down they need to be tilted to fully cover the production area.
- Avoid setting up the base stations under bright lights, which could negatively affect their tracking performance.
- After turning on the base stations, do not move or tilt them, as doing so could disrupt tracking. If you reposition the base stations, you'll need to set them up again.
- For the first base station you connect, the channel will be set automatically. After connecting the second base station, you'll need to press the channel button once to set the channel.
After connecting a third and fourth base station, you'll need to press the channel button on the third and fourth base stations two and three times, respectively, to set the channel.