- How many base stations can I use?
- Can I use an odd number of base stations?
- Cleaning the base stations
- Can I use more than one VIVE Tracker (3.0)?
- Why does VIVE Tracker (3.0) automatically turn off?
- How do I verify that VIVE Tracker (3.0) is detected?
- What does the status light on VIVE Tracker (3.0) mean?
- Why doesn't the VIVE Tracker (3.0) status icon on the Mars dashboard turn blue?
- Troubleshooting VIVE Tracker (3.0)
What's inside the box?
Here's what you'll find inside the box:
|-||Quick Start Guide||1|
|3||SteamVR Base Station 2.0||2|
|4||Channel changing pin (for base station)||1|
|5||VIVE Tracker (3.0)||2|
|7||Power cord for Mars*||1|
|8||AC adapter for Mars||1|
|9||USB cable (VIVE Tracker (3.0) to Rover)||3|
|10||15-m LAN cable (Mars to Rover)||3|
|11||5-m LAN cable (Mars to router)||1|
|12||Screw for calibration board||1|
|13||AC adapter for base station*||2|
*Items may vary according to country or region.
**A third VIVE Tracker (3.0) must be purchased separately.
If you have questions or concerns about VIVE Mars CamTrack, or if you want to report damaged or missing items, go to vive.com/support/contactus to contact the VIVE Support team.