Headset and link box
- About the VIVE Pro Eye HMD
- Putting on the VIVE Pro Eye HMD
- Adjusting the IPD on the headset
- Can I wear my prescription glasses while using VIVE Pro Eye?
- Adjusting the lens distance on the headset
- Replacing the face cushion
- Connecting a USB device to the VIVE Pro Eye HMD
- Removing the headset earphones
- Replacing the headset earphones
- Reattaching the head pad on the headset strap
- Updating the headset firmware
- What does the status light on the headset mean?
- What is the dual camera used for?
Product care and repair
- What can I do to troubleshoot the headset?
- What can I do when the status light on the headset indicates an error?
- What should I do if the headset is not tracked?
- My headset display is blurry. What should I do?
- What can I do to resolve the "headset not found" error?
- My headset can't be detected due to a USB port issue. What should I do?
- After upgrading to Windows 10, VIVE shows as the computer's main monitor. What should I do?
- I'm experiencing skipped frames. What could I do?
- I'm seeing drifting motion or floating objects in VR. What could I do?
- Can I use the USB Type-C earphones that came with my HTC phone?
- Is there a way to also hear from the computer what's in VR?
- What can I do if the headset's dual camera won't turn on?
- What should I do if there's cracking noise from the headset earphones?
- What can I do if the headset connection status is unstable?
- The headset display suddenly turns blank. What can I do?
- How do I install the driver updates for the VIVE Pro Eye dual camera on Windows 7?
- About SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Installing SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
- How many SteamVR Base Stations 2.0 can I use in a single setup?
- What things should I consider when installing more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Setting up additional base stations
- What are the minimum and maximum play area when using more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- My available space has an irregular shape. Can I still set up more than two SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Can I use an odd number of SteamVR Base Stations 2.0?
- Configuring the base station channels
- How can I check which base stations are currently in use?
- Using the mounting kit
- Cleaning the base stations
- Updating base station firmware via Bluetooth
- What does the status light on the base stations mean?
- What should I do if any of the base stations is not detected?
- Can I use the older version of the base stations together with SteamVR Base Station 2.0?
- Which VIVE hardware is compatible with my base stations?
- Are the base stations covered by warranty if accidentally damaged?
- About the VIVE Controllers (2018)
- Charging the controllers
- Turning the controllers on or off
- Pairing the controllers with the headset
- Attaching the lanyards to the controllers
- Updating controller firmware
- What does the status light on the controllers mean?
- What should I do if any of the controllers is not tracked?
- How do I know which of the controllers is not being tracked?
- What can I do if the controller's trackpad is oversensitive?
- What should I do if my controller won't turn on?
- The controller automatically turns off. What should I do?
- My controller won't turn on after I accidentally unplugged it during firmware update. What should I do?
- What is the play area?
- Planning your play area
- Choosing the play area
- Setting up VIVE Pro Eye for the first time
- Setting up a standing-only play area
- Setting up a room-scale play area
- Resetting the play area
- Verifying your setup
- After setting up, how do I turn the VIVE system on?
- What is the recommended space for the play area?
- Can I include space occupied by furniture for the play area?
- Will VR apps for seated/standing-only experiences work with room-scale setup?
- How do I resolve download errors during VIVE Setup installation?
- I can't complete the room setup. What should I do?
System Dashboard settings
Tips for setting up SteamVR Base Station 2.0
Note:You may set up the base stations in a way that's suitable for your place. For best results, you may follow these recommendations:
To purchase additional or replacement hardware, click the Accessories tab on www.vive.com/product/. Product availability may vary; please contact customer care for concerns.
- Mount your base stations diagonally, at opposite corners of your space.
Each base station has a 150-degree horizontal field of view and a 110-degree vertical field of view. To maximize your play area, set up at above head height (ideally more than 2 m or 6.5 ft from the floor), with the angle of each base station adjusted between 25 and 35 degrees.
If your space doesn’t allow for this kind of setup, you can also mount the base stations on tripods and light stands, or place them on stable surfaces such as a table.
For proper tracking, set each base station at a lowest height of 0.5 m (1.6 ft). Depending on how high you set them up, you need to adjust the angle of the base stations upward or downward to fully cover the play area.
- Secure the base stations in a location where they can't be easily jostled or moved.
- For best performance, trackable objects should be at least 0.5 m (1.6 ft) away from a base station.
- Avoid setting up in an area with bright light, which may negatively affect the performance of the base stations.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.