Nothing's in my cart
Getting the most out of your VR glasses
- About VIVE Flow
- About the phone controller
- About the VR controller
- Adjusting the diopter dial
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Changing boundary size
- Turning on blue light filter
- Changing preferred way to hold phone or VR controller
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Mirroring your phone on VIVE Flow
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Copying screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow
- Playing videos from local storage
- Casting your screen
- Seeing real surroundings (Passthrough)
- Pairing VIVE Flow with another phone
- Switching between paired phones or VR controller
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Uninstalling content
- Installing system and firmware updates
- About cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Flow
- Browsing files on a USB drive
- What phones can I use with VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I see anything in front of me?
- How can I optimize tracking in my space?
- Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
- What should I do when the phone controller disappears or doesn't work in VR?
- What can I do if the phone controller is not responsive or lags?
- Why can't I enable the phone controller from my phone?
- What can I do if the phone controller doesn't work?
- What do I do if VIVE Flow suddenly loses power when using the phone controller as a power source?
- What does the status light on VIVE Flow mean?
- What does the Headset button do?
- How do I perform a factory reset on VIVE Flow?
- How do I answer my phone when using VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I watch 360-degree YouTube videos in Phone mode?
- How do I enjoy VIVE Flow while lying down?
- How do I report an issue?
- Why can't I open Google Assistant in Phone mode?
- What should I do if I can't grant permission for Accessibility Services ?
- My phone supports phone mirroring, why doesn't Phone mode work?
- Why can't Miracast be detected on my HTC, Samsung, or Oppo phone?
- Where do I find the VIVE app accessibility services setting on my Samsung phone?
- What should I do if Phone mode crashes or doesn't work on my Xiaomi phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back my video from my phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back content from my OnePlus phone in Phone mode?
- Why does casting stop when I enter Kiosk mode?
- Why can't I reconnect my phone with VIVE Flow?
- What do I do if my VIVE Flow isn't responding?
- Where can I find my screenshots and screen recordings?
- Why don't I see the "Special offers" popup when setting up VIVE Flow?
- Why don't I see any gifted apps in my VIVE Flow?
Setting up VIVE Flow using the VIVE app
Set up VIVE Flow using your phone with the VIVE app. You'll start setting up VIVE Flow on your phone and then finish setting up on the VR glasses.
- On your Android phone, download and install the VIVE app. Get it from https://vive.com/setup/flow or search VIVE on the Google Play Store.
- Open the VIVE app .
- In the Welcome screen, tap VIVE Flow.
The app will walk you through in setting up the following:
Follow the instructions on your phone and VR glasses to set up
VIVE Flow. Some things to take note while setting up:
- Keep both VIVE Flow and your phone nearby.
- When the phone is trying to pair with VIVE Flow, it may take around 20 seconds or more for the phone to find VIVE Flow. Please be patient.
- While pairing VIVE Flow with the phone, if the device name on VIVE Flow is different from the one on the phone, tap Show more. Look for your VIVE Flow in the list.
- The VIVE app needs phone permissions for you to enjoy the full features of the VR glasses. In the step where you're asked to grant permissons, after tapping Grant in each box, you'll be guided on what to turn on. After granting permission, tap the back arrow until you get back to the VIVE app.
- When using a phone controller, VIVE Flow can only connect to a Wi-Fi® network that supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/n (5 GHz band). Make sure your Wi-Fi router or phone's Wi-Fi hotspot is set to the 5 GHz band. To learn how to set your phone's Wi-Fi hotspot to 5 GHz, see Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot? . To learn how to set your Wi-Fi router to the 5 GHz band, consult its user guide.
- When going through the setup process on VIVE Flow, take note of the position of the Headset button as you'll need to press it to go to the next step. See About VIVE Flow.
Note: If you have trouble pairing VIVE Flow with your phone, make sureVIVE Flow is connected to a power source and near your phone.