Nothing's in my cart
Getting the most out of your VR glasses
- About VIVE Flow
- About the phone controller
- About the VR controller
- Adjusting the diopter dial
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Changing boundary size
- Turning on blue light filter
- Changing preferred way to hold phone or VR controller
- Turning on Passenger mode
- Mirroring your phone on VIVE Flow
- Taking screenshots and screen recordings
- Copying screenshots and screen recordings to your computer
- Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow
- Playing videos from local storage
- Casting your screen
- Seeing real surroundings (Passthrough)
- Pairing VIVE Flow with another phone
- Switching between paired phones or VR controller
- Pairing Bluetooth devices
- Setting up and using Kiosk mode
- Uninstalling content
- Installing system and firmware updates
- About cleaning and disinfecting VIVE Flow
- Browsing files on a USB drive
- What phones can I use with VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I see anything in front of me?
- How can I optimize tracking in my space?
- Why can't VIVE Flow find my phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot?
- What should I do when the phone controller disappears or doesn't work in VR?
- What can I do if the phone controller is not responsive or lags?
- Why can't I enable the phone controller from my phone?
- What can I do if the phone controller doesn't work?
- What do I do if VIVE Flow suddenly loses power when using the phone controller as a power source?
- What does the status light on VIVE Flow mean?
- What does the Headset button do?
- How do I perform a factory reset on VIVE Flow?
- How do I answer my phone when using VIVE Flow?
- Why can't I watch 360-degree YouTube videos in Phone mode?
- How do I enjoy VIVE Flow while lying down?
- How do I report an issue?
- Why can't I open Google Assistant in Phone mode?
- What should I do if I can't grant permission for Accessibility Services ?
- My phone supports phone mirroring, why doesn't Phone mode work?
- Why can't Miracast be detected on my HTC, Samsung, or Oppo phone?
- Where do I find the VIVE app accessibility services setting on my Samsung phone?
- What should I do if Phone mode crashes or doesn't work on my Xiaomi phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back my video from my phone?
- What should I do if I can't play back content from my OnePlus phone in Phone mode?
- Why does casting stop when I enter Kiosk mode?
- Why can't I reconnect my phone with VIVE Flow?
- What do I do if my VIVE Flow isn't responding?
- Where can I find my screenshots and screen recordings?
- Why don't I see the "Special offers" popup when setting up VIVE Flow?
- Why don't I see any gifted apps in my VIVE Flow?
Playing videos from local storage
You can play videos from VIVE Flow local storage through VIVEPORT Video, which supports playback of standard (or flat), stereoscopic 3D, and 180- or 360-degree videos. Supported file formats include: .mp4, .mkv, and .webm.
The VIVEPORT Video app on VIVE Flow can be used to play videos from local storage. You can add videos to local storage manually by copying them from your computer to VIVE Flow. For details, see Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow.
- If you're currently running an app, tap/press the VIVE button on the controller, and then select Back to Home.
From Home, go to the
Library and launch
Note: If you don't see VIVEPORT Video in the Library, you'll have to download and install it using the VIVEPORT VR app.
- Select the folder that contains the video you want to play.
- Point to the video you want to play and tap/press Trigger to open it.
While the video is playing, you can:
- Play or pause the video using the playback controls.
- Toggle the Mini Browser on or off.
- Adjust the Visual Settings (below the playback controls) so you can watch the video in a 180- or 360-degree view, on a curved or flat display, and more.
- Add subtitles by selecting Select Audio and Subtitles (the message icon with 3 dots) below the playback controls and choosing a subtitle file associated with the video.
- Adjust general Settings such as autoplay and video looping.
Move & Resize, and then do either of the following:
- Move: Press and hold Trigger, then drag the screen around to reposition it.
- Resize: Select the plus and minus buttons or drag the slider to adjust the zoom level.
You can also play back regular videos directly in the File browser. Copy the videos to the Downloads folder on VIVE Flow to access them in the File browser. See Copying files from your computer to VIVE Flow.