What to use
Since sweat and heat may quickly build up when you're using your VR equipment, keep it clean and hygienic at all times. Clean the headset, controllers, and other accessories between uses, especially if you use them often or share them.
For cleaning, use a microfiber cloth—the same type used for wiping glasses or screens. Use the microfiber cloth that came with your VIVE product, or purchase one if you lost it.
For disinfecting leather face cushions, exterior (hard surfaces) of headsets, and other accessories, we recommend:
- Dampen a microfiber cloth with one of the following disinfectants:
- Diluted alcohol solution that contains 70-75% alcohol
- Diversey Virex II 256 Disinfectant Cleaner (1:256 dilution)
- Alternatively, you can use one of the following disinfecting wipes:
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (Bleach-free)
- PDI Super Sani-Cloth Germicidal Disposable Wipe
Contact with skin and hair can occur in the following places: the face cushion on the inner front side, headset strap that goes around the back of your head, and the side cushions near the headphones (on PC VR headsets). To maintain cleanliness of the headset, you can use third-party disposable covers such as disposable face masks and head caps to avoid direct contact.
Was this helpful? Yes No
Thank you! Your feedback helps others to see the most helpful information.