Using the mounting kit
For best results, install SteamVR Base Station 2.0 using a mounting kit, which is provided as an in-box item in VIVE Pro full kit. If you bought more SteamVR Base Station 2.0 units, you can separately purchase a similar mounting kit from a third-party supplier.
- You will need a screwdriver or drill to install the mounts. Ask a professional for help when using power tools.
- Remember to peel off the protective film from the front panel after you've mounted the base stations.
Mark where you want to install each of the mounts on your wall, and then screw the mounts in.
When mounting on concrete or drywall, first drill ¼ inch holes and insert anchors before screwing mounts in.
- Rotate the base station to screw it onto the threaded ball joint. Do not screw the base station all the way in, only enough to be stable and oriented correctly.
Tighten the wingnut to the base station to secure it in place.
- To adjust the angle of the base station, loosen the clamping ring while carefully holding the base station to prevent it from falling.
- Tilt the base station toward the play area. To fix the angle of the base station, tighten the clamping ring back in.
Attach the power cable to each base station.